Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Thoughts on Philippians 4

Sometimes I read a passage of Scripture and I glean so much from it. Maybe you will find encouragement from these thoughts as I did.

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." Philippians 4:4-8 NIV

Just breaking it down from start to finish:

Rejoice in the Lord CONTINUALLY. Keep resetting your focus and gaze on Jesus (the Author and Perfecter of my faith) as many times as needed in a day! Think on Who He Is and find joy in that. In Him. The Glory and the lifter of my head. His faithfulness will bring me to completion.

It's okay to be gentle, vulnerable, humble. Don't let people's callousness of heart make fun of you or belittle you for it. Serve with love and don't apologize for it. Or bow down to someone else's opinion. We are admonished in the Word to love and serve. Bottom line. Rebuke accusation, condemnation and any guilt that tries to sneak in on you for not being able to be perfect aka please everyone. You can't be all things to all people. Don't let that stop you from doing what you can do! What you're called to do. And to be who you really are in Christ.

The Lord is near. Don't be anxious. Kim or insert name here, the Lord is near to you! So don't be anxious about the outcome OR fret about the details. What you need to do is trust Him with each little concern that arises. Take it to Him. Pour out your heart. Ask for help. Cast your care. Let it go. Wait and trust with joy. He's gonna work it all out. I know Him! That's how He is! ??What would happen if you didn't worry about this and chose to trust Him implicitly instead??

To be successful in my life I need to pray about it ALL. Talk to God about every little detail. Be thankful and appreciative! (Side note: a heart of thanksgiving is a cure to so many ills) Ask for what I need. That's ok! :O) Trade anxiousness for peace. HE HIMSELF IS OUR PEACE! When I do these things His peace will guard my heart, which is the wellspring of life so I can live. And live abundantly just like He promised. Not dragged down by the cares of life.

Lastly, think on good things while I'm waiting on Him, waiting for answered prayers. Think happy thoughts! Again, rejoice in the Lord. After all, HE IS
True
   Noble
      Right
         Pure
            Lovely
               Admirable
                  Excellent
                       Praiseworthy!

1 comment: